Givers

Choctaws are a giving people. How many examples do I see of this at Labor Day every year? I’ll just recount my personal ones from 2011.


Campgrounds and well maintained facilities awaited us as my mom and I drove in at 9 PM Sunday night. After parking, we perused the full Cultural Center. Found a ten dollar anklet I liked. As we looked through the others for one to fit my mom’s style, the jewelry artist sweetly told us, “I’ll let you have two for twelve dollars.” We both walk away with one we loved.

Free concert by Third Day, dizzying carnival rides and a windy night sleep followed. Giveaways and a wonderful story by Tim Tingle the next morning. Conversations with Chief Pyle and Assistant Chief Batton afterwards. A ride up the hill in a golf cart. Lunch provided by the tribe and served by volunteers.

Choctaws are a giving people.


For Him,

Sarah Elisabeth

1 comment:

Lynda Kay Sawyer said...

The picture shows one of my favorite parts of the ceremonies...†